Thursday, January 19, 2012

Update For Mommies and Tattoos

I got my tattoo yesterday after a car trouble delay. I have to say, the pain was comparable to the pain of my last childbirth experience. haha But, like having my babies, I feel the pain was worth it. The flowers represent my childrens' birth months. The Poinsettia is for December, the orange Calandula is for October, and the blue Chrysanthemum is for November.

As I mentioned in my first post about nursing mothers and tattoos, my artist almost didn't tattoo me, because I am breastfeeding because of some of the stuff in the ink. I informed her that I have pumped milk to last a few days and would pump and dump while I gave him the milk I'd pumped beforehand. My artist had me sign an additional waiver, and went ahead.

I was allowed to nurse during a 10 minute break in the middle of the tattoo, so my son did famously during the session and even slept through half of it. I am very happy with the results, and my tattoo artist was exstatic that I presented her with a photo realist challenge with my tattoo. Yay for mommies and tattoos! I love having this as a special way to think of my children!

No comments:

Post a Comment